Why you should apply
At least 3 years of work experience
English language proficiency
Collect all documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Signed curriculum vitae
- Documents proving at least three years of work experience (e.g. certificates of employment or contracts)
- Certified copy degree certificate and transcript of records of your first university degree (if the original is not in English or German, please attach a certified copy of the original and a certified copy of the translation)
- Letter of motivation
- Essay: Please write an essay about a situation in your past answering one of the questions below. Tell us what you did and particularly how you did it. What was the outcome and the response by the people in your environment? Please make sure your motivation letter and essay do not exceed 2000 words in total.
- A) Tell us about an entrepreneurial opportunity you seized
- B) Tell us about a challenging time in your career you had to go through. How did you face the situation and what are the key learnings you have gained?
- Copy of official ID card or passport
- Under age 30: Proof of health insurance (please click here for more information)
Once you have finished this step please keep your documents ready, but wait to send them until you have completed Step 2.
Register on TUMonline:
- Please register on TUMonline. Contact us for further assistance and detailed instructions
- You may but do not have to upload your printed documents to the platform.
- After you have registered and created your account, you will receive a confirmation document for your application.
- Please print and sign this document
Now, please send the documents from Step 1 and the signed TUMonline registration to the following address:
Technische Universität München TUM School of Management Executive Education Center Arcisstr. 21 80333 Munich, Germany
Pass the Personal Interview:
- After having submitted all your documents, the Admission Committee will examine your application.
- If your documents are complete and fulfill the admission criteria, you will receive an invitation to a personal interview.
- The interview will take 20 to 30 minutes and will be attended by one professor from the EMBA program and one or two member/s of the EMBA management team.
- The goal of the interview is to prove your suitability to the program and to get to know each other in person.
- The interview usually takes place in the TUM premises in Munich.
Usually, you will be informed within two weeks after the interview if you have successfully passed the application procedure and are allowed to join the upcoming class of the Executive MBA in Innovation & Business Creation.
October 1, 2017
Start Application Phase
TBD (approx. March 31, 2018)
TBD (approx. May 1, 2018)